BALI, INDONESIA, Oct 14, 2016 - (ACN Newswire) - World Culture Forum (WCF) 2016 concluded on October 14 with the issuance of the Bali Declaration, consisting of 10 points of action which enable culture to be the driver of sustainable development, and urged UNESCO state members and civil societies to accomplish the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda.
Read by the Head of WCF 2016 Steering Committee, Ananto Kusuma Seta in the closing ceremony, the Declaration emphasized that all participating countries should incorporate culture at the heart of future development frameworks.
The Bali Declaration contains the following agenda:
1. Commitment of the UNESCO state members and civil society to work for the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda
2. Promote the culture of peace in order to make an inclusive, just, and tolerable society
3. Implement the points of recommendation from WCF symposiums series
4. Strengthen the role and involvement of the youth in economics, culture, and socio-politics in respect of promoting mutual understanding and equality
5. Recognize the role of intergovernmental and nongovernmental organizations to enable culture to contribute to sustainable inclusive development
6. Increase the investment in human capital and empowerment of the local community in developing solutions to the world's most demanding issues
7. Partner with all the elements of stakeholders to ensure that the effort to address the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda is culture-oriented
8. Support from UNESCO to protect cultural heritages from various forms of threats, including wars and social conflicts
9. Drive the implementation of cultural values into a report mechanism at every stage of Sustainable Development Goals
10. Develop an action framework to be launched at the 39th UNESCO General conference in October 2017
Director General of Culture, Indonesian Ministry of Education and Culture, Hilmar Farid, stated that the Declaration will soon be followed-up in the general meeting to be held in 2017.
In the same occasion, the representative of the Youth Group from 39 countries also declared points of recommendation from IYF 2016, one of which was a Youth committment to developing open source technology and sharing the benefits to improve education, social, and culture over three years.
For further information, please contact:
Ministry of Education of Culture, Republic of Indonesia
Jalan Jenderal Sudirman Senayan, Jakarta 10270
Phone: +62 21 5711144
Oct 14, 2016 21:00 HKT/SGT
Topic: Trade Show or Conference
Sectors: Daily News
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2018 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.