HONG KONG, Feb 1, 2018 - (Media OutReach) - QBA 2018 (Quality Building Award) announces 22 finalists across a range of categories recognising Hong Kong's high-quality buildings. The finalists will present their projects to the QBA jury panel on 16-17 March 2018 at Chiang Chen Studio Theatre, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University. Winners will be announced at the QBA 2018 Award Presentation Ceremony on 15 June 2018.
The jury and assessors from 9 professional institutions visited the nominated projects last month and shortlisted finalists in 6 categories after receiving 29 nominations. Nominated projects demonstrate all the elements that are required to meet the QBA's highest quality building standards, including vision and teamwork, design and innovation, construction, project cost and budget, environmental considerations, and post-occupancy considerations.
"The standard of living and expectations from end-users have changed over time," Sr LAI Yuk Fai, Stephen, Chairman of the QBA 2018 Organising Committee, said. "The design and structure of each shortlisted nominated project exhibits a uniqueness with the incorporation of human-driven elements as well as addressing and fulfilling what a community needs. We are delighted to have received so many submissions of high quality this year."
"The jury panel was inspired by the uniqueness of each project," Dr Cheung Tin Cheung, JP, Chairman of the QBA 2018 Jury Panel, said. "The shortlisted projects combined innovation, sustainability, and displayed a dedication to teamwork that results in excellent buildings."
To download the finalists photos from this link: https://goo.gl/ZVQ8SY
For more information about the QBA, please visit QBA.com.hk or facebook.com/QBAHK.
Finalists of the Quality Building Award 2018 (In project code order)
Award Categories / Finalists
Hong Kong Residential (Single Building)
Hong Kong Residential (Multiple Buildings)
- The Tanner Hill
- The Pavilia Hill
- Hung Fuk Estate, Public Rental Housing Development- at Hung Shui Kiu Area 13
- The Avenue
- Mount Pavilia
Hong Kong Non-Residential (New Building - Government, Institution or Community)
- Redevelopment of Tai Lam Centre of Women
- Reprovisioning of Yau Ma Tei Police Station
- Tsing Yi Southwest Leisure Building
- Caritas Institute of Higher Education
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital Ambulatory Care Centre Extension
- Kai Tak Primary Schools (S.K.H. Holy Cross Primary- School & P.L.K. Stanley HO Sau Nan Primary School)
- Fire and Ambulance Services Academy
Hong Kong Non-Residential (New Building - Non- Government, Institution or Community)
- 18 King Wah Road
- H Queen's
Hong Kong Building (Renovation / Revitalization)
- Wah Ha Estate
- Redevelopment of St. Paul's Co-educational College (Phase 2)
- Blue House Cluster
Building Outside Hong Kong
- Fu Rong No. 45 Middle School, Hefei, China
- Shanghai Landmark Center
About Quality Building Award
The Quality Building Award was co-founded in 2001 by nine building and construction-related institutes and associations in Hong Kong. The award, held biennially, gives public recognition to buildings of outstanding quality that demonstrate outstanding teamwork and excellence across a range of categories.
Organizers of QBA 2018
QBA 2018 is co-organized by nine professional institutions in Hong Kong. They are:
- The Hong Kong Institute of Surveyors (Chair for QBA 2018)
- The Hong Kong Institute of Architects
- The Hong Kong Construction Association
- The Hong Kong Institute of Construction Managers
- The Hong Kong Institution of Engineers
-- Building Division
-- Building Services Division
-- Structural Division
- The Hong Kong Institute of Housing
- The Hong Kong Quality Assurance Agency
- The Hong Kong Chapter of International Facility Management Association
- The Real Estate Developers Association of Hong Kong
QBA 2018 Secretariat Office
Ms Peggy Mak / Ms Penn Leung
Tel: +852 3159 2982 / +852 3159 2986
Mobile: +852 9482 3144 / +852 6077 7342
Feb 1, 2018 19:00 HKT/SGT
Topic: Press release summary
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2019 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.