|Wednesday, 29 November 2017, 17:00 HKT/SGT|
LONDON, Nov 29, 2017 - (ACN Newswire) - WARC today unveils the Best Use of Data shortlist for WARC's 2017 Media Awards, an international competition that examines the insight, strategy and analytics that power effective channel investment.
20 campaigns have been shortlisted in the Best Use of Data category, which recognises the role of data in an effective communications strategy.
As well as one global campaign, shortlisted entries have run in a wide range of markets - Australia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, The Netherlands, The Philippines, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States - and include brands such as MyTaxi, Rexona Men and Vodafone.
Nicole Kane, Director, Global Media, McDonald's Corporation and jury chair, said: "The entries this year demonstrated a democratisation of how data is being used; confirming that we are now marketing in a world driven by data. The shortlisted papers range from practical applications that are simple and smart to creative, innovative usages of real-time data. Regardless of how you are using data today, this collection will inspire new thinking."
The shortlisted entries in Best Use of Data are:
- The video recommendations and personalisation engine - Krispy - Hindustan Unilever - Mindshare - India
- My McDonald's - McDonald's - OMD Spain - Spain
- Restaurant-capacity based advertising - McDonald's - OMD Singapore - Singapore
- Xaxis, Global Giving & the Girl Fund - GlobalGiving - Xaxis EMEA - Global
- Irse de Madre - DKV Insurance - OMD - Spain
- The Art + Science of Rewarding a Client's Courage - Benchmade Knives - Cole & Weber - United States
- Don't Ignore a Cough - Prospan - Flordis - Affinity - Australia
- Location Targeting - McDonald's - OMD South Africa - South Africa
- OLX Vogon - OLX - Havas Media - Indonesia
- Nayi Soch - Strategy for Growth - Star Plus - Star India - Mindshare - India
- Tropa for Life - du - Emirates Integrated Telecommunication Company - Starcom Dubai - United Arab Emirates
- Roam Like a Pro - Vodafone - VodafoneZiggo - Kinetic Worldwide, MEC - Netherlands
- Data-Driven Targeting - Age UK - Manning Gottlieb OMD - United Kingdom
- Going Live with Gold! - Royal Mint Bullion - Royal Mint - Manning Gottlieb OMD - United Kingdom
- IMM's Patent Pending Solution for Incrementality - Noodles & Company - IMM - United States
- Resolving a Social Stench - Rexona Men - Unilever - PHD Hong Kong - Hong Kong
- Connecting the Dots - All Things Hair - Unilever - Mindshare, Ogilvyone - Philippines
- Everything but Rogue with Data - Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - The Walt Disney Company - OMD UK, OMD - - - EMEA - United Kingdom
- Helping London Move More Freely - MyTaxi - Kinetic UK, the7Stars - United Kingdom
- Uncovering the true value of Facebook for performance marketing - O2 - Telefonica - Visual IQ, Forward Media - United Kingdom
As well as the Best Use of Data category, the shortlists for Effective Channel Integration and Effective use of tech have already been announced and can be viewed at www.warc.com/mediaawards.prize. The Effective Partnerships and Sponsorships shortlist will be revealed on Wednesday 6 December.
For more information about the WARC Media Awards please visit www.warc.com/mediaawards.prize.
- Your global authority on advertising and media effectiveness
warc.com is an online service offering advertising best practice, evidence, insights and data from the world's leading brands. WARC helps clients grow their businesses by using proven approaches to maximise advertising effectiveness. WARC's clients include the world's largest advertising and media agencies, research companies, advertisers, market analysts and academics.
WARC runs two global and two regional case study competitions: WARC Awards, WARC Media Awards, WARC Prize for Asian Strategy and WARC Prize for MENA Strategy.
WARC publishes three global rankings of advertising excellence: Gunn 100 (creativity), WARC 100 (effectiveness), Gunn Media 100 (media innovation) and publishes leading journals including Admap, Market Leader, the Journal of Advertising Research and the International Journal of the Market Research Society. In addition to its own content, WARC features advertising case studies and best practices from more than 50 respected industry sources, including ARF, Effies, Cannes Lions, ESOMAR and IPA.
Founded in 1985, WARC has offices in the UK, U.S. and Singapore. In June 2018 WARC was acquired by Ascential plc, the global specialist information company.
+44 20 7467 8125
Nov 29, 2017 17:00 HKT/SGT
Topic: Press release summary
Sectors: Media, Advertising
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2018 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.
|Nov 13, 2018 17:00 HKT/SGT|
WARC reveals brand purpose strategy trends for effective marketing|
|Nov 8, 2018 08:30 HKT/SGT|
UK advertising delivers 20th consecutive quarter of growth and strongest total H1 adspend since 2014|
|Nov 7, 2018 13:00 HKT/SGT|
WARC reveals effective marketing trends in MENA |
|Nov 1, 2018 16:00 HKT/SGT|
WARC launches 'WARC for Advertisers'|
|Oct 30, 2018 17:00 HKT/SGT|
WARC Awards 2019 open for entries - a global search for next-generation marketing effectiveness|
|Oct 18, 2018 16:00 HKT/SGT|
WARC uncovers content strategy trends for effective marketing|
|Oct 16, 2018 16:00 HKT/SGT|
Successful brands spend an average of 69% of their budgets on TV and digital channels combined|
|Oct 3, 2018 16:00 HKT/SGT|
WARC reveals social strategy trends for effective marketing|
|Sept 25, 2018 17:00 HKT/SGT|
Advertisers to invest $66bn in sponsorship this year|
|Sept 24, 2018 12:00 HKT/SGT|
Martech market approaches $100bn - and is growing |
|More news >>|