SINGAPORE, Oct 3, 2012 - (ACN Newswire) - Singapore Exchange (SGX) today said securities and derivatives activities grew in September from a year earlier.
- Daily average value grew 4% year-on-year to S$1.4 billion while total value traded was 6% lower at S$28.2 billion due to fewer trading days.
- Exchange traded funds turnover halved to S$573 million from a year earlier.
- Value of bond listings quadrupled to S$17.9 billion. Bangkok Bank was the biggest issuer, raising a total US$1.2 billion.
- Daily average volume grew 4% from a year earlier to 364,473 contracts; total volume was 2% lower at 7.1 million contracts.
- Equity index options volume more than doubled to 545,354 contracts, led by a doubling in the volume of Nikkei 225 index options to 498,185 contracts.
- China A50 futures volume tripled to 839,215 contracts but Nikkei 225 futures trading was 15% less at 2.5 million contracts. MSCI Taiwan futures volume was 19% down at 1.4 million contracts while Nifty futures trading was 10% less at 1.3 million contracts.
- SICOM rubber futures trading slid 6% to 23,064 contracts.
- OTC commodities clearing volume more than doubled to 46,062 contracts. Iron ore swaps clearing reached a new monthly record high of 35,414 contracts.
OTC Financials Clearing
- A total S$7.4 billion notional of new OTC Interest Rate Swap transactions were cleared, up 68% from a year earlier
- Since the November 2010 launch, SGX has cleared over S$298 billion notional of OTC IRS.
SGX Statistics At A Glance
Aug 2012 Sep 2012
Number of Trading Days (Securities) 21 20
Securities market Turnover Volume (million shares) 29,711 32,844
Securities market Turnover Value ($million) 29,376 28,187
Securities Daily Average ($million) 1,399 1,409
Derivatives Volume 6,508,560 7,054,228
Derivatives Daily Average Volume 292,558 364,473
Total Number of Listed Securities 775 774
Total Market Capitalisation ($million) 884,378 901,920
About Singapore Exchange (SGX)
Singapore Exchange (SGX) is the Asian Gateway, connecting investors in search of Asian growth to corporate issuers in search of global capital. SGX represents the premier access point for managing Asian capital and investment exposure, and is Asia's most international exchange with about 40% of companies listed on SGX originating outside of Singapore. SGX offers its clients the world's biggest offshore market for Asian equity index futures, centred on Asia's three largest economies - China, India and Japan.
In addition to offering a fully integrated value chain from trading and clearing, to settlement and depository services, SGX is also Asia's pioneering central clearing house. Headquartered in Asia's most globalised city, and centred within the AAA strength and stability of Singapore's island nation, SGX is a leading Asian counterparty for the clearing of financial and commodity products. For more information, please visit www.sgx.com.
Tel: +65 6236 8139
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +65 6236 8658
Email: [email protected]
Oct 3, 2012 19:45 HKT/SGT
Source: Singapore Exchange (SGX)
Topic: Production report
Sectors: Daily Finance, Daily News
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2019 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.