|At a glance:|
- New Wireless LAN controller (OAW-4450) offers cost effective controller-based WLAN deployment solution for medium size network deployment
- Expanded offering of WLAN access points support hospitality, branch office, outdoor and other temperature-sensitive areas
- Enhanced wireless operating software supports mesh deployments for high-density environments
SINGAPORE, June 17, 2015 - (ACN Newswire) - New Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise technology is being introduced supporting the growing need of enterprises to deploy a pervasive WLAN infrastructure. As part of the unified access technology designed to meet corporation's mobility requirements, the expanded WLAN capabilities offer businesses more tools to deliver an Application Fluent Network (AFN) for a seamless user experience across the enterprise infrastructure. These new WLAN elements deliver speed, performance, scalability and intelligence for today's digital environment.
These new technology innovations include:
New WLAN controller: A new cost effective controller, OAW-4450, supports up to 256 Access Points (APs) and 8k client devices.
New WLAN Access Points: Three new 802.11ac access points join the product portfolio:
1. An outdoor AP, the OmniAccess WLAN Access Point (OAW-AP277) offers six built-in directional antennas and aggregate throughput performance >1Gbps.
2. An AP with extended temperature range, the OmniAccess WLAN Access Point (OAW-AP228), is a low-cost hardened AP for locations where there are large temperature fluctuation but do not require weather protection casing.
3. An indoor AP, the OmniAccess WLAN Access Point (OAW-AP205H/IAP205H) designed for hospitality, branch office, and home office deployment, with an integrated Power Over Ethernet (PoE) port for IP phone or other device connectivity.
New AOS-W: The latest software AOS-W release 6.4.3 provides new capabilities for wireless mesh functionality among 802.11ac APs. Additional enhancements provide enriched support for branch and remote office and include:
-- WAN Link Failure resiliency provides limited connectivity in a branch office environment even when the WAN link is down.
-- Bandwidth Contract provides the ability to classify and identify applications on the network.
Industry Analyst firm Current Analysis gave the OmniSwitch product family, of which the OmniAccess WLAN controllers and Access Points part of, a rating of "Very Strong" in an earlier report for its innovative capabilities, tied for the top position amongst industry peers.
- OmniAccess WLAN Controllers: http://bit.ly/1g659fL
- OmniAccess Wireless APs: http://bit.ly/1ffRdpu
- Unified Access for a consistent experience: http://bit.ly/1IPtx3T
- Unified Access ROI Calculator: http://enterprise.alcatel-lucent.com/site/UnifiedAccessROI/
- Infographic: Mobility - Expect Connectivity Anywhere, Anytime http://bit.ly/1D12wcl
Our company is a leading provider of enterprise communications solutions and services, from the office to the cloud, marketed under the Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise brand. Building on our established heritage of innovation and entrepreneurial spirit, we operate globally with 2700+ employees in 100+ countries worldwide, with headquarters near Paris, France.
With communications, networking and cloud solutions for business of all sizes, our team of technology experts, service professionals, and 2900+ partners serves more than 830,000 customers worldwide, tailoring and adapting our solutions and services to local requirements. This provides tangible business outcomes through personalized connected experiences for customers and end users. http://enterprise.alcatel-lucent.com/
T: +1 818 878 4408
Wei Wei Chua
T: +65 6213 7846
June 17, 2015 10:00 HKT/SGT
Topic: New Product
Sectors: Media, Enterprise IT, IT Individual
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2019 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.