|SNI's Audience Engagement in the Food, Home and Travel Categories Outrank Regional Competitors|
MACAU, Nov 8, 2016 - (ACN Newswire) - In a recent pay-TV study of viewer behaviors and lifestyle habits in Asia-Pacific, Scripps Networks Interactive found its channel portfolio significantly outranked its competitors in the food, home and travel lifestyle categories. The channels, which include Asian Food Channel, Food Network, HGTV and Travel Channel, have a highly engaged audience, who have an affinity to lifestyle brands and content. They are more receptive to advertisers, trusting the channels as an authority in the lifestyle ahead of other pay-TV networks.
"It is without a doubt that our channels offer a unique proposition for clients looking to break through today's competitive media landscape to form meaningful relationships with their consumers," said Derek Chang, Head of International Lifestyle Channels, Scripps Networks Interactive. "The results of the study confirm our audiences are up-scale, affluent, and engaged in both lifestyle programming and its associated products, be that in their kitchen, home or in the holiday they choose."
The study, which was commissioned by Scripps Networks in Singapore and conducted by Kadence International, surveyed more than 4,000 respondents, 25-55 year olds who frequently watch lifestyle programming in Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
Survey highlights include:
Asian Food Channel (AFC):
- AFC is 47% more likely to be recognized by viewers for local Asian food and cooking content than its channel competitors
- 50% of AFC viewers visited a restaurant, city or destination featured during a show as compared to 28% of other pay-TV viewers
- 87% of HGTV viewers have performed some form of renovation in the past 12 months as compared to 69% other pay-TV viewers
- HGTV inspires viewers and is their go-to channel for all things renovation, taking the lead when it comes to topics such as "Home Renovations" (47%), "DIY Renovations" (46%) and "House Hunting (45%)
Food Network (FN):
- 91% of FN viewers are willing to pay more for quality ingredients and meals
- FN has a 31% lead against the nearest competitor channel as being one that presents inspirational cooking content
- 87% of Travel Channel viewers are likely to travel to a destination featured on a travel show as compared to 69% other pay-TV viewers
- 74% of Travel Channel viewers agree that advertisements are a good way for them to learn about new products
* This study was conducted between April and June 2016. It combined over 4,000 online interviews and 12 group discussions with 25 to 55 year old lifestyle and general entertainment channel viewers across Asia.
About Scripps Networks Interactive
Scripps Networks Interactive (Nasdaq: SNI) is one of the leading developers of engaging lifestyle content in the home, food and travel categories for television, the Internet and emerging platforms. The company's lifestyle media portfolio comprises popular television and Internet brands HGTV, DIY Network, Food Network, Cooking Channel, Travel Channel and Great American Country, which collectively engage more than 190 million U.S. consumers each month. International operations include TVN, Poland's premier multi-platform media company; UKTV, an independent commercial joint venture with BBC Worldwide; Asian Food Channel, the first pan-regional TV food network in Asia; and lifestyle channel Fine Living. The company's global networks and websites reach millions of consumers across North and South America, Asia, Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Scripps Networks Interactive is headquartered in Knoxville, Tenn. For more information, please visit scrippsnetworksinteractive.com.
For further information, please contact:
M: +65 9459 3123
T: +65 6809 1318
E: [email protected]
Nov 8, 2016 23:13 HKT/SGT
Topic: Research / Industry Report
Sectors: Media, Broadcast, Satellite
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2019 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.