TOKYO, Apr 11, 2017 - (JCN Newswire) - Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) will be exhibiting a number of models at the 17th Shanghai International Automobile Industry Exhibition(1) to be held from April 19 through April 28. Main exhibits will be the MITSUBISHI GT-PHEV Concept(2) and the MITSUBISHI eX Concept(3), two concept models shown for the first time in China which showcase the company's next-generation electric-powered vehicle and all-wheel control technologies indicating the direction of Mitsubishi Motors vehicle development.
Also on display will be the show model of Outlander PHEV which is applicable for the New Energy Vehicle being promoted by the Chinese government, and the Outlander which has been well received since its production launch in China.
MITSUBISHI GT-PHEV Concept
MITSUBISHI eX Concept
1. MITSUBISHI GT-PHEV Concept: Overview
The MITSUBISHI GT-PHEV Concept is a next-generation high-end crossover SUV powered by the MMC's own advanced plug-in hybrid EV (PHEV) system with three motors that incorporates all-wheel control technology.
- The front visage with its forceful presence employs MMC's DYNAMIC SHIELD front design concept that portrays an image of the front end's function of protecting both people and the car. From the side, the MITSUBISHI GT-PHEV Concept uses horizontal lines to convey its high-end crossover SUV styling and driving stability. With a muscularity and intensity that gives the impression it has been carved from a single ingot of steel, the body is clothed in refined styling that flourishes sculpted dynamism highlighted with precise detailing.
- Inside, the MITSUBISHI GT-PHEV Concept uses a horizontal dashboard design that creates a spacious ambiance and makes it easier for the driver to sense changes in vehicle attitude.
- The PHEV system comprises a next-generation, high-capacity drive battery package, three high-output and high-efficiency motors and an engine specially designed for the PHEV system and featuring improved electricity generation performance and motive performance. This combination delivers the punchy performance sought in a "ground tourer" and makes for relaxed motoring on longer trips with an electric-only range of 120 km and a combined hybrid cruising range of over 1,200 km.
- The full-time 4WD powertrain, with one motor at the front and two at the rear, and MMC's own Super All-wheel Control (S-AWC) integrated vehicle dynamics control system, raises the bar in terms of handling performance and directional stability.
- The MITSUBISHI GT-PHEV Concept also adopts the latest in connected car technology in extracting its performance and functionality to the full. The technology feeds to the car route information as well as data on weather and road surface conditions acquired from information networks and from on-board sensors and cameras in order to closely manage energy consumption such as electricity consumption and fuel economy as well as to provide all-wheel control best-suited to many motoring situations.
2. MITSUBISHI eX Concept: Overview
The MITSUBISHI eX Concept is a compact SUV concept car powered by a next-generation Twin Motor EV system mated with MMC's all-wheel control technology.
- The exterior fuses coupe styling with shooting brake(4) elegance and uses MMC's DYNAMIC SHIELD front design concept. The form presents an intensity that gives the impression it has been carved from a single ingot of steel in an active and vibrant design.
- Inside, different coloring is used for the driver and front passenger sides of the cockpit to create a unique ambiance in an elegant, bright and roomy interior space that is sporty overall.
- The EV system comprises a next-generation, high-capacity drive battery package with compact, high-output, high-efficiency motors and gives a cruising range of 400 km. The underfloor drive battery package lowers the center of gravity and with the Twin Motor 4WD system (one at the front and one at the rear) and the S-AWC integrated vehicle dynamics control system, the MITSUBISHI eX Concept delivers point-and-go handling and outstanding directional stability.
- The MITSUBISHI eX Concept also showcases connected car technology that utilizes next-generation information systems, as well as autonomous driving technology built around the latest in active safety systems.
MMC Lineup at Auto Shanghai 2017
(1) April 19 and 20 will be Press Days; from April 21 to 28 the show will be open to the general public. The show is being held at the National Exhibition and Convention Center (Shanghai). MMC will hold its press conference from 11:00 am on April 19, local time, at the Mitsubishi Motors' booth in the 4-1 hall.
(2) Named from the Ground Tourer concept - ability for cruising across a vast land.
(3) electric X (crossover)
(4) A term for a coupe with flowing styling fused with a hatchback car, the term originates from British hunting-use horse carriages.
About Mitsubishi Motors
Mitsubishi Motors Corporation is the sixth largest automaker in Japan and the sixteenth largest in the world. It is part of the Mitsubishi keiretsu, formerly the biggest industrial group in Japan, and was formed in 1970 from the automotive division of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries. From October 2016, Mitsubishi is one-third owned by Nissan, and a part of the Renault - Nissan - Mitsubishi Alliance. For more information, please visit www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/index.html.
Public Relations Department
Apr 11, 2017 15:56 HKT/SGT
Source: Mitsubishi Motors
Topic: Press release summary
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2018 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.
|Feb 7, 2018 17:04 HKT/SGT|
Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi and DiDi Chuxing Sign MoU to Explore Car-Sharing Partnership in China |
|Feb 6, 2018 09:05 HKT/SGT|
Mitsubishi Motors Reports Nine-Month Financial Results for FY2017|
|Jan 31, 2018 10:14 HKT/SGT|
Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Sells 10.6 Million Vehicles in 2017|
|Jan 30, 2018 17:26 HKT/SGT|
Mitsubishi Motors Continues Recovery with Strong Volumes in 2017|
|Jan 29, 2018 16:54 HKT/SGT|
Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Clears 100,000 Sales Milestone in Europe|
|Jan 16, 2018 10:40 HKT/SGT|
Mitsubishi Motors Signs Electric Vehicles Agreement with Vietnamese Government |
|Dec 27, 2017 18:15 HKT/SGT|
Mitsubishi Motors Announces Production, Sales and Export Figures for November 2017|
|Dec 11, 2017 12:57 HKT/SGT|
Mitsubishi Motors and Indonesian Government Agree Initiative on Electric Vehicles |
|Dec 1, 2017 13:43 HKT/SGT|
ANCAP Awards Mitsubishi Motors' Eclipse Cross 5-star Safety Rating|
|Nov 29, 2017 12:34 HKT/SGT|
Launch of Mitsubishi Connect Safeguard and Remote Services to Provide Enriched & Personalized Driving Experience|
|More news >>|