|Thursday, 20 April 2017, 17:30 HKT/SGT|
|New "L.I.F.E." Themed Zones and Startup Zone showcase innovative products|
HONG KONG, Apr 20, 2017 - (ACN Newswire) - The 32nd HKTDC Hong Kong Houseware Fair and the eighth HKTDC Hong Kong International Home Textiles and Furnishings Fair opened today. Organised by the Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC), the two four-day fairs will continue through 23 April at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre (HKCEC) and bring together more than 2,500 exhibitors from 28 countries and regions to showcase the latest housewares, home textiles and furnishing products.
- Houseware Fair's "L.I.F.E." theme highlights the latest design trends
The largest event of its kind in Asia, the Hong Kong Houseware Fair welcomes 2,280 exhibitors from 27 countries and regions. This year's main theme is "L.I.F.E.", which stands for four themed zones: Lifestyle, Interior, Feast and Enrich. To highlight these themes, the HKTDC is collaborating for the first time with A+A Design Studio, a well-known Italian trend forecasting agency, to set up four trend forecast displays under the themes "Count on Copper", "Own Jungle", "Visual Illusion" and "Bamboology". These 2018 Spring/Summer design trends are illustrated with a wide spectrum of houseware and interior design elements. New zones introduced at the Houseware Fair this year include Coffee Alley under Lifestyle, HORECA under Feast, as well as World of Building & Hardware under Enrich, which brings together 60 exhibitors to showcase quality building materials, hardware & DIY tools and sanitary ware.
To create more opportunities for the industry, the HKTDC has organised 128 buying missions comprising more than 7,100 buyers to visit the fairs.
- Startup zone debuts at Houseware Fair
In line with the Hong Kong SAR Government's policy to nurture start-up companies and move towards high value-added production, the Houseware Fair launched a Startup zone this year, allowing start-ups to exhibit at the fair at lower costs and connecting them with buyers and potential business partners. Ten start-up companies are participating at the Houseware Fair this year, showcasing products such as Fun & Fair's Scooter table lamp and Harmonia Life's natural skin care products.
"Start-ups need support and advice in a number of areas, such as the fine-tuning of product prototypes, brand promotion or positioning, and capital needs. The Houseware Fair and Home Textiles and Furnishings Fair attracted more than 47,000 international buyers last year. Start-ups can use the opportunity to seek support and advice for their business at the fair. Start-ups can also present their business ideas at the 'Startup. Smart Launch' session and explore more business opportunities," said HKTDC Deputy Executive Director Benjamin Chau.
- Innovative designs from Hong Kong and overseas brands
Hong Kong has long been known for its concentration of creative talent as well as agencies that source innovative designs from around the world. Notable items from Hong Kong exhibitors include:
1) Purple Clay Coffee Set: Made with Yixing purple clay, a unique variety of natural clay from the Chinese mainland, the coffee set has a fine and sandy texture which helps retain the temperature of a beverage longer than regular ceramics. The material's unglazed surface absorbs the aroma of the beverage, creating a more complex flavour. (Booth no: 1E-F12)
2) Eaves stool - Spring: This small side table is inspired by the architectural shape of traditional timber rooftops and conveys the beauty of spring blossoms. (Booth no: 3CON-110)
3) Wireless Bluetooth Smart Ultrasonic Aroma Diffuser - iMist: Users can download an app on their mobile devices and connect with the diffuser through Bluetooth to control operations including aroma diffusion, LED effects, time settings and to play music. (Booth no: 5C-C01)
Noteworthy items from international brands include:
1) Hexagon Shelf: Created in Japan, the shelf set includes a number of drawers, bins and containers fitted with accessories such as lamps, hooks and clocks, and can be customised according to customer needs. (Booth no: 1E-A11)
2) MAWA Clothes Hangers - Butterflies: These butterfly-shaped hangers from German brand MAWA are form-fitted, non-slip-coated and have a rotating hook, allowing customers to maximise closet space. (Booth no: 3D-C24)
3) Feet Guider: This footbed from a Korean brand can connect to smartphones via Bluetooth 4.0 and directly measure the exact amount of activity, the number of footsteps, calories consumed and distance. (Booth no: 5C-C13)
- Cosy decorating ideas at the Home Textiles Fair
Held concurrently with the Houseware Fair, the Hong Kong International Home Textiles and Furnishings Fair has drawn close to 300 exhibitors from eight countries and regions. This year's event features new exhibitors from Belgium and Vietnam. Nantong in the Chinese mainland province of Jiangsu - a city dubbed "the Hometown of Textiles" - as well as a number of Indian textile associations have also returned to set up group pavilions to showcase their quality textiles.
Similar to the Houseware Fair, the Home Textiles and Furnishings events have also adopted the "Interior" theme to showcase a variety of home textiles, upholstery and furnishing products. The premium "Hall of Glamour" features quality brands and designer collections, covering products such as bedding, curtains, carpets and towels. Featured products include Hong Kong exhibitor Nightingale's gold embroidery trim on black satin table linen, Indian hand block printed cushion covers and wool/denim Panja Rugs.
- Seminars to explore market trends
The HKTDC is also staging a series of seminars and networking events to help industry players keep abreast of the latest trends and developments in the houseware and home textiles markets. Highlights include the seminar "WGSN Trendtalk: Houseware & Home Textiles 2018 Forecast" led by expert trend forecaster WGSN. Other topics covered in the seminars include pet supplies industry trends in the Chinese mainland and Hong Kong, houseware product testing, certification and inspection services as well as building inspection.
To facilitate buyer viewing of exhibitors' products, a number of Product Demo & Launch Pad sessions have been organised. The "International Kitchenette" to be held in the afternoons will feature chefs preparing Turkish, Korean and Chinese dishes using the latest kitchenware. A number of baristas will also participate in "Latte Art Performance" events to make delicious coffees for participants.
Hong Kong Houseware Fair: http://m.hktdc.com/fair/hkhousewarefair-en/
Hong Kong International Home Textiles and Furnishings Fair: http://m.hktdc.com/fair/hkhometextilesfair-en/
Photo download: http://bit.ly/2o6TMTR
Media representatives wishing to cover the event may register on-site with their business cards and/or media identification.
To view press releases in Chinese, please visit http://mediaroom.hktdc.com/tc
Established in 1966, the Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC) is a statutory body dedicated to creating opportunities for Hong Kong's businesses. With more than 40 offices globally, including 13 on the Chinese mainland, the HKTDC promotes Hong Kong as a platform for doing business with China, Asia and the world. With 50 years of experience, the HKTDC organises international exhibitions, conferences and business missions to provide companies, particularly SMEs, with business opportunities on the mainland and in international markets, while providing information via trade publications, research reports and digital channels including the media room. For more information, please visit: www.hktdc.com/aboutus. Follow us on Google+, Twitter @hktdc, LinkedIn.
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/+hktdc
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/hktdc
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/hong-kong-trade-development-council
Communication and Public Affairs Department
Tel: +852 2584 4216
Apr 20, 2017 17:30 HKT/SGT
Topic: Trade Show or Conference
Sectors: Trade Shows, Retail/eCommerce, Travel & Tourism, Design/Art
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2018 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.
|Hong Kong Houseware Fair and Home Textiles Fair Open with 2,500+ Exhibitors|
|Mar 21, 2018 19:15 HKT/SGT|
FILMART: Fine Period and Action Films Appeal to Audiences|
|Mar 21, 2018 19:00 HKT/SGT|
FILMART Seminar: How can traditional TV and new media coexist|
|Mar 21, 2018 18:30 HKT/SGT|
Inaugural MarketingPulse Opens at HKCEC|
|Mar 20, 2018 15:30 HKT/SGT|
FILMART: Drama Adaptations are a Big Hit in China|
|Mar 19, 2018 19:30 HKT/SGT|
Hong Kong International Film and TV Market (FILMART) Opens|
|Mar 19, 2018 16:30 HKT/SGT|
HKTDC Launches New "Start-up Express" Incubation Programme|
|Mar 15, 2018 23:00 HKT/SGT|
FILMART Opens In Hong Kong Next Monday|
|Mar 14, 2018 17:30 HKT/SGT|
HKTDC Export Index for Q1 2018 Rebounds; Timepiece Outperforms|
|Mar 7, 2018 11:30 HKT/SGT|
How Generation Z, Social Media and Mobile Technology are Transforming the Jewellery Industry|
|Mar 6, 2018 17:00 HKT/SGT|
30 Global Marketing Gurus to Feature at HKTDC's Inaugural MarketingPulse|
|More news >>|