|Thursday, 27 April 2017, 08:19 HKT/SGT|
|Saatchi & Saatchi Australia wins Grand Prix and Product Innovation Award for Toyota LandCruiser Emergency Network campaign|
LONDON, Apr 27, 2017 - (ACN Newswire) - The winners of the global WARC Innovation Awards, recognising innovative thinking that delivers tangible results, are revealed with Saatchi & Saatchi Australia taking top honours by winning both the Grand Prix and the Product Innovation Special Award for Toyota Land Cruiser.
Their 'Emergency Network' campaign for car manufacturer Toyota brought emergency communications to the 5.3 million square kilometres of Australia's landmass that currently receives no mobile signal, by installing signal-providing devices in its LandCruiser models.
WARC Innovation judge Hugo Pinto - Innovation Services Leader EMEA, IBM Interactive Experience, described why this innovation on the part of Toyota was such a stand-out case study: "There is nothing like this particular car to get you through rough terrain. Toyota is leveraging an asset here, creating a crowdsourced emergency network, where every Toyota LandCruiser owner can sign up to do their fair share and give back to their communities. This shows people that they can have a much bigger impact because they own a specific vehicle. It blurs the boundaries between personal and professional. This will be the next stage of sharing economy."
In addition to the Grand Prix, the 25-strong eminent judging panel of client- and agency-side experts, chaired by Dana Anderson, Senior VP and CMO for Mondelez International and soon to be CMO of MediaLink, also awarded six Golds, four Silvers, three Bronzes and four more Special Awards recognising specific areas of excellence.
The winners are:
Grand Prix + Special Award for Product Innovation
Saatchi & Saatchi, Australia, Toyota, LandCruiser Emergency Network (L.E.N.)
- McCann, Australia, Vision Australia, Free Puppies Forever + Special Award for Non-for-Profit
- Kindred, UK, Penguin Random House, Tim Weaver's MISSING + Special Award for Channel Innovation
- J. Walter Thompson Beirut, Lebanon, Bou Khalil Supermarche, The Good Note
- AMV BBDO / Blue 449, UK, Currys PC World, Drop A Hint + Special Award for Co-Created Content
- DigitasLBi, USA, Whirlpool, Care Counts
- AMV BBDO, UK, Bodyform, No Blood Should Hold Us Back + Special Award for Category Innovation
- Formitas BBDO, Slovenia, Spar Interspar, Start It Up Slovenia
- BBDO Bangkok, Thailand, Helpmet - Thai Health Promotion Foundation, Injury Detecting Helmet
- FP7/DXB (a part of McCann Worldgroup), UAE, NHI-Daman, Giving People Vitamin D
- FP7/CAI, Egypt, Baheya Cancer Hospital, The Sweet Donation
- FP7/DXB (a part of McCann Worldgroup) / MediaVest Spark , UAE, Emirates NBD, The A/C Vests
- Livity, UK, Dyson, Rethinking Recruitment
- FP7/DXB (a part of McCann Worldgroup), UAE, MasterCard, 'A Priceless Delivery'
The winners of the WARC Innovation 2017 Grand Prix and Special Awards share a $10,000 prize fund.
View the case studies of all the winners at www.warc.com/InnovationAwards.prize#shortlist.
- your global authority on advertising and media effectiveness
warc.com is an online service offering advertising best practice, evidence, insights and data from the world's leading brands. WARC helps clients grow their businesses by using proven approaches to maximise advertising effectiveness. WARC's clients include the world's largest advertising and media agencies, research companies, universities and advertisers.
WARC runs four global and two regional case study competitions: WARC Awards, WARC Innovation Awards, WARC Media Awards, The Admap prize, WARC Prize for Asian Strategy and WARC Prize for MENA Strategy.
Founded in 1985, WARC is privately owned and has offices in the UK, U.S. and Singapore.
PR Manager, WARC
Tel: +44 20 7467 8125
Apr 27, 2017 08:19 HKT/SGT
Topic: Press release summary
Sectors: Media, Advertising
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2018 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.
|Apr 17, 2018 18:30 HKT/SGT|
WARC Awards 2018 - Effective Use of Brand Purpose shortlist announced|
|Apr 17, 2018 16:00 HKT/SGT|
WARC partners with SABRE Awards to expand its content to include PR|
|Apr 10, 2018 18:00 HKT/SGT|
WARC Awards 2018 - Effective Innovation shortlist announced|
|Apr 5, 2018 09:00 HKT/SGT|
WARC Prize for Asian Strategy 2018 now launched. First judges named|
|Mar 29, 2018 10:00 HKT/SGT|
Advertisers invest $63bn in programmatic buying but industry concerns loom large|
|Mar 1, 2018 20:00 HKT/SGT|
More judges named for WARC Prize for MENA Strategy 2018|
|Feb 8, 2018 13:00 HKT/SGT|
WARC launches Prize for MENA Strategy 2018|
|Feb 6, 2018 08:15 HKT/SGT|
Redefining Purpose - WARC Toolkit 2018|
|Jan 31, 2018 20:00 HKT/SGT|
WARC Media Awards 2017 - Effective Use of Tech winners announced|
|Jan 31, 2018 16:00 HKT/SGT|
UK advertising spend sees new record high in 2017 with growth predicted to continue through 2018|
|More news >>|