|Thursday, 27 April 2017, 08:19 HKT/SGT|
|Saatchi & Saatchi Australia wins Grand Prix and Product Innovation Award for Toyota LandCruiser Emergency Network campaign|
LONDON, Apr 27, 2017 - (ACN Newswire) - The winners of the global WARC Innovation Awards, recognising innovative thinking that delivers tangible results, are revealed with Saatchi & Saatchi Australia taking top honours by winning both the Grand Prix and the Product Innovation Special Award for Toyota Land Cruiser.
Their 'Emergency Network' campaign for car manufacturer Toyota brought emergency communications to the 5.3 million square kilometres of Australia's landmass that currently receives no mobile signal, by installing signal-providing devices in its LandCruiser models.
WARC Innovation judge Hugo Pinto - Innovation Services Leader EMEA, IBM Interactive Experience, described why this innovation on the part of Toyota was such a stand-out case study: "There is nothing like this particular car to get you through rough terrain. Toyota is leveraging an asset here, creating a crowdsourced emergency network, where every Toyota LandCruiser owner can sign up to do their fair share and give back to their communities. This shows people that they can have a much bigger impact because they own a specific vehicle. It blurs the boundaries between personal and professional. This will be the next stage of sharing economy."
In addition to the Grand Prix, the 25-strong eminent judging panel of client- and agency-side experts, chaired by Dana Anderson, Senior VP and CMO for Mondelez International and soon to be CMO of MediaLink, also awarded six Golds, four Silvers, three Bronzes and four more Special Awards recognising specific areas of excellence.
The winners are:
Grand Prix + Special Award for Product Innovation
Saatchi & Saatchi, Australia, Toyota, LandCruiser Emergency Network (L.E.N.)
- McCann, Australia, Vision Australia, Free Puppies Forever + Special Award for Non-for-Profit
- Kindred, UK, Penguin Random House, Tim Weaver's MISSING + Special Award for Channel Innovation
- J. Walter Thompson Beirut, Lebanon, Bou Khalil Supermarche, The Good Note
- AMV BBDO / Blue 449, UK, Currys PC World, Drop A Hint + Special Award for Co-Created Content
- DigitasLBi, USA, Whirlpool, Care Counts
- AMV BBDO, UK, Bodyform, No Blood Should Hold Us Back + Special Award for Category Innovation
- Formitas BBDO, Slovenia, Spar Interspar, Start It Up Slovenia
- BBDO Bangkok, Thailand, Helpmet - Thai Health Promotion Foundation, Injury Detecting Helmet
- FP7/DXB (a part of McCann Worldgroup), UAE, NHI-Daman, Giving People Vitamin D
- FP7/CAI, Egypt, Baheya Cancer Hospital, The Sweet Donation
- FP7/DXB (a part of McCann Worldgroup) / MediaVest Spark , UAE, Emirates NBD, The A/C Vests
- Livity, UK, Dyson, Rethinking Recruitment
- FP7/DXB (a part of McCann Worldgroup), UAE, MasterCard, 'A Priceless Delivery'
The winners of the WARC Innovation 2017 Grand Prix and Special Awards share a $10,000 prize fund.
View the case studies of all the winners at www.warc.com/InnovationAwards.prize#shortlist.
- your global authority on advertising and media effectiveness
warc.com is an online service offering advertising best practice, evidence and insights from the world's leading brands. WARC helps clients grow their businesses by using proven approaches to maximise advertising effectiveness. WARC's clients include the world's largest advertising and media agencies, research companies, universities and advertisers.
WARC hosts four global and two regional case study competitions: WARC Awards, WARC Innovation Awards, WARC Media Awards, The Admap prize, WARC Prize for Asian Strategy and WARC Prize for MENA Strategy.
WARC also publishes leading journals including Admap, Market Leader, the Journal of Advertising Research and the International Journal of Market Research. In addition to its own content, WARC features advertising case studies and best practices from more than 50 respected industry sources, including: ARF, Effies, Cannes Lions, ESOMAR and IPA.
Founded in 1985, WARC is privately owned and has offices in the UK, U.S. and Singapore.
PR Manager, WARC
Tel: +44 20 7467 8125
Apr 27, 2017 08:19 HKT/SGT
Topic: Press release summary
Sectors: Media, Advertising
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2017 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.
|Sept 18, 2017 18:37 HKT/SGT|
The WARC Awards 2017 - Brand Purpose winners announced|
|Sept 14, 2017 13:43 HKT/SGT|
WARC Prize for Asian Strategy 2017 shortlist announced|
|Sept 12, 2017 19:15 HKT/SGT|
Research estimates UK & US martech market worth $34.3bn a year|
|Sept 4, 2017 19:51 HKT/SGT|
The WARC Awards - Effective Content Strategy winners announced|
|Aug 8, 2017 22:06 HKT/SGT|
WARC unveils insights from the Cannes Lions Creative Effectiveness campaigns 2017|
|July 27, 2017 08:23 HKT/SGT|
UK advertising spend starts 2017 in growth|
|July 26, 2017 17:59 HKT/SGT|
WARC Media Awards 2017 - Effective Use of Partnerships and Sponsorships jury announced|
|July 19, 2017 17:42 HKT/SGT|
WARC Media Awards 2017 - Effective Channel Integration jury named|
|July 13, 2017 20:13 HKT/SGT|
WARC Media Awards 2017 - Effective Use of Tech jury named|
|July 10, 2017 17:21 HKT/SGT|
WARC unveils Future of Strategy Report |
|More news >>|