TOKYO, July 24, 2017 - (JCN Newswire) - Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) will celebrate the global debut of its Next-Generation MPV as the star of its line-up at the 25th GAIKINDO Indonesia International Auto Show (GIIAS)(1) to be held in Jakarta, Indonesia from August 10 through August 20. The all-new MPV is produced at the company's new Indonesian factory in Bekasi Prefecture, West Java Province, and it will be launched on the Indonesian market in fall of 2017. Its name will be announced at the show.
The new Next-Generation MPV combines the best of both SUV and MPV worlds: ruggedness and roominess, character and convenience, style and function, all in a bold design that could impress all around the world.
The new MPV is built to delight Indonesia's most demanding small MPV owners. Up to seven occupants will travel in comfort, with generous room for luggage or cargo, all at a competitive price. MMC's new Next-Generation MPV delivers class-topping(2) roominess and utility through its highly variable interior, with easy access to comfortable third-row seats, along with a spacious luggage compartment, all in the spirit of Japanese monozukuri fine craftsmanship.
Launching its Next-Generation MPV, MMC enters the booming Indonesian MPV market with an irresistible offer: the best of both MPV and SUV worlds, elegantly styled, cleverly packaged, and competitively priced.
The distinctive design incorporates Mitsubishi MPV and SUV lines for Mitsubishi-ness at first sight. The vehicle combines outstanding road performance and driving dynamics while keeping fuel efficiency. Powered by a 1.5L engine with either a manual or automatic transmission, the new MPV will prove itself as a dependable climber, even with seven aboard.
1) Class-leading body size
- The new model is wider and larger than common MPVs in its class.
- Its length and width surpass many competitors without getting unwieldly.
2) Stylish and powerful design
- The new Next-Generation MPV fuses stylish and roomy MPV lines with tough and dynamic SUV looks.
- The distinctive "DYNAMIC SHIELD" front combines dynamic styling with a visual expression of protecting passengers and pedestrians. Wide flared fenders add to the powerful SUV-inspired looks.
- The new MPV has three tiers of lighting, with LED position lights located high up in the engine hood side trim, not just for good looks, but also to make the car more noticeable. The headlights are mounted lower, fog lamps are placed very low in the front brush guard.
3) Spacious, cleverly appointed interior
- The new Next-Generation MPV's class-topping cabin space and occupant layout are rounded out by generous luggage space. The layout provides plenty of room and generous head clearance for all passengers. There is excellent access to the comfortable third-row seats.
- The Keyless Operation System (KOS) allows the vehicle to be opened, and the engine to be started while the KOS key is in the driver's pocket. The KOS key communicates wirelessly with the vehicle. It also remotely turns the position lights on at the touch of a button, a very helpful feature in a large car park. For an extra-convenient welcoming, the headlights stay on for 30 seconds when exiting the car at night.
4) Superior driving performance
- The Next-Generation MPV is powered by a 16-valve 1.5L petrol engine with MIVEC Mitsubishi Innovative Valve timing Electronic Control for high power output, low fuel consumption. The engine is mated to either a manual or automatic transmission.
- The new model sports a class-topping ground clearance of 205mm(3). At the same time, superior levels of ride comfort and driving stability can be enjoyed, brought about by a high strength body and an optimized suspension design that sets the vehicle well apart from current MPVs. The interior offers a comfortable, low noise ride experience, and conversations between occupants can be kept at normal levels.
(1) August 10 is Press Day. The show is open to the Public from August 11 through August 20. The MMC press conference will be held at the MMC stand from 4:00 pm August 10, local time.
(2) Indonesian small MPV class powered by an engine with a maximum displacement of 1.5L. As of July 24, 2017; in-house research.
(3) 16-inch tire models.
About Mitsubishi Motors
Mitsubishi Motors Corporation is the sixth largest automaker in Japan and the sixteenth largest in the world. It is part of the Mitsubishi keiretsu, formerly the biggest industrial group in Japan, and was formed in 1970 from the automotive division of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries. From October 2016, Mitsubishi is one-third owned by Nissan, and a part of the Renault - Nissan - Mitsubishi Alliance. For more information, please visit www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/index.html.
Public Relations Department
July 24, 2017 14:41 HKT/SGT
Source: Mitsubishi Motors
Topic: Press release summary
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2017 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.
|Dec 11, 2017 12:57 HKT/SGT|
Mitsubishi Motors and Indonesian Government Agree Initiative on Electric Vehicles |
|Dec 1, 2017 13:43 HKT/SGT|
ANCAP Awards Mitsubishi Motors' Eclipse Cross 5-star Safety Rating|
|Nov 29, 2017 12:34 HKT/SGT|
Launch of Mitsubishi Connect Safeguard and Remote Services to Provide Enriched & Personalized Driving Experience|
|Nov 29, 2017 11:40 HKT/SGT|
Mitsubishi Motors Begins Shipment of Eclipse Cross SUV to Australia |
|Nov 9, 2017 10:59 HKT/SGT|
Mitsubishi Motors' Eclipse Cross Achieves 5-star Euro NCAP Safety Rating |
|Nov 7, 2017 11:49 HKT/SGT|
Mitsubishi Motors Reports First-half Financial Results for Fiscal 2017 |
|Oct 31, 2017 11:24 HKT/SGT|
Mitsubishi Motors Announces Production, Sales and Export Figures for Sep 2017 and First Half of Fiscal 2017|
|Oct 25, 2017 11:55 HKT/SGT|
Mitsubishi Motors Unveils New Brand Strategy & Tagline "Drive your Ambition"|
|Oct 25, 2017 11:34 HKT/SGT|
Mitsubishi Motors Debuts the MITSUBISHI e-EVOLUTION CONCEPT|
|Oct 24, 2017 09:51 HKT/SGT|
Mitsubishi Motors: New Car(s), New Brand Strategy, New Global Tagline |
|More news >>|