|- Applications for research and development themes related to new technologies to which precious metals can contribute to and the practical application of products close on November 30|
TOKYO, Sept 4, 2017 - (ACN Newswire) - The Tanaka Memorial Foundation (Representative Director: Hideya Okamoto) announced that it will take applications for research themes for 2017 Precious Metals Research Grants between September 4 (Mon) and November 30 (Thurs). Applications will be accepted from Japanese educational institutions and public research institutes conducting research and development using precious metals. In this 19th year of the research grant, grants will be provided up to 5 million yen for the Platinum Award, 2 million yen for the Gold Award, 1 million yen for the Silver Award, 1 million yen for the Young Researcher Award, and 300,000 yen for the Encouragement Award.
Applications for the Precious Metals Research Grants are open to projects in all fields related to new technology, and research and development, in which precious metals can make a contribution. Applications can be submitted through the application form on the Tanaka Memorial Foundation website (http://tanaka-foundation.or.jp) and, after strict examination, award recipients will be announced at about the end of March 2018.
The Tanaka Memorial Foundation aims to contribute to the development and cultivation of new fields for precious metals, and to the development of science, technology and the social economy, by conducting activities that enable more people to experience a prosperous society through scientific and technological development. This program is being implemented as part of these activities to support the various challenges faced in the "new world opened up by precious metals". Tanaka looks forward to seeing the passionate research of applicants.
Overview of the 2017 Precious Metals Research Grants
- Research and development for new technologies or practical implementation of products to which precious metals can make a contribution
- Platinum Award: 5 million yen (1 award)
- Gold Award: 2 million yen (1 award)
- Silver Awards: 1 million yen (4 awards)
- Young Researcher Awards (for researchers of up to 37 years of age): 1 million yen (2 awards)
- Encouragement Award: 300,000 yen (several awards)
- The grant amount is treated as a scholarship donation.
- Each award is given to research deemed to make a particularly large contribution to commercialization and practical implementation, and awards may not be granted in some cases.
- Personnel who belong to educational research institutions or public research institutes in Japan
- Applicants belonging to research institutions in Japan are eligible regardless of whether they are based in Japan or overseas.
- Young Researcher Awards are given to young researchers aged up to 37 years old as of April 1, 2017.
- 9am, September 4, 2017 (Mon) - 5pm, November 30, 2017 (Thurs)
- Enter the necessary information on the application form available on the Tanaka Memorial Foundation website (http://tanaka-foundation.or.jp) and upload details of the research (papers and supplementary material on the theme).
- Results will be announced on the Tanaka Memorial Foundation website at about the end of March 2018.
- Tanaka will contact the award recipients directly.
- Precious metals must play an important role in commercialization and/or practical implementation of the research.
- Development related to precious metals must provide a breakthrough in the progress of the commercialization and/or practical implementation.
- When applying with joint research, the representative should apply.
- Students must obtain approval from the person responsible for their laboratory in order to submit an application.
- Clearly state if the research is being performed with other precious metal manufactures (including planned).
- Applicants may be asked to exchange information with Tanaka about product development, technology development, and guidance through the research.
- Excludes research that has already been commercialized or for which there are such plans.
- Excludes fundamental research such as analysis, evaluation and production technology.
Inquiries concerning the research grant program:
Precious Metals Research Grants Office
Marketing Department, Tanaka Kikinzoku Kogyo K.K.
22F Tokyo Building, 2-7-3 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-6422
TEL: 03-6311-5596 FAX: 03-6311-5529 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tanaka Memorial Foundation website: http://tanaka-foundation.or.jp
Press release: http://www.acnnewswire.com/clientreports/598/17904_EN.pdf
Tanaka Memorial Foundation
Established: April 1, 2015
Address: 22F Tokyo Building, 2-7-3 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
Representative: Hideya Okamoto (Senior Advisor to Tanaka Holdings Co., Ltd.)
Purpose of Business: To provide grants for research related to precious metals in order to contribute to the development and cultivation of new fields for precious metals, and to the development of science, technology and the social economy.
Areas of Business:
- Provision of grants for scientific and technological research related to precious metals.
- Recognition of excellent research related to precious metals and holding of seminars and other events.
Tanaka Kikinzoku Kogyo K.K.
Headquarters: 22F, Tokyo Building, 2-7-3 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
Representative: Akira Tanae, Representative Director & CEO
Capital: 500 million yen
Employees: 2,218 (as of March 31, 2016)
Sales: 1,005.4 billion yen (FY2015)
Main businesses: Manufacture, sales, import and export of precious metals (platinum, gold, silver, and others) and various types of industrial precious metals products.
Tanaka Holdings Co., Ltd.
Sept 4, 2017 10:00 HKT/SGT
Topic: Press release summary
Sectors: Metals/Mining, Electronics
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2019 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.