|Monday, 30 October 2017, 22:17 HKT/SGT|
|The Marriage Market Takeover for P&G's SK-II by Forsman & Bodenfors wins Grand Prix|
LONDON, Oct 30, 2017 - (ACN Newswire) - WARC, the global authority on advertising and media effectiveness, today announced the winners of the WARC Prize for Asian Strategy 2017, a search for the best strategic ideas that have driven business results in Asia.
Close to 200 submissions from 17 countries across Asia were judged by a panel (www.warc.com/asiaprize.prize) of 25 agency- and client-side professionals. 16 campaigns for global and local brands have been selected as winners, showcasing the region's smartest thinking and highlighting breakthrough ideas. The jury awarded one Grand Prix, five Golds, five Silvers and five Bronzes.
India leads the way with 10 awards, including a Gold, which also ran in Pakistan. China won three awards; and Hong Kong, Japan, and The Philippines earned one each.
Additionally, five special awards were given honouring specific areas of excellence: The Market Pioneer Award, The Research Excellence Award, The Channel Thinking Award, The Local Hero Award and The Asia First Award.
Forsman & Bodenfors Sweden took top honours by winning both The Grand Prix and The Research Special Award for their emotional multichannel campaign 'The Marriage Market Takeover' for Japanese prestige skincare brand SK-II which allied itself to unmarried women to raise awareness and boost sales in China.
Commenting on the Grand Prix winning campaign, jury chair Nicole McMillan, Vice-President, Marketing of The Wrigley Company, Asia-Pacific says: "The boldness of SK-II in taking a position very distinct from a market saturated with defined category norms is what made their strategy stand out amongst some very strong peer entries. Taking a taboo subject can be fraught with danger, however SK-II managed to navigate these complexities to construct a strategy and narrative that has struck accord with consumers and judges alike."
The winners are:
- The Marriage Market Takeover - SK-II - China - Forsman & Bodenfors + Research Excellence Special Award
- The next-gen is ready - Vodafone Business Services - India - Ogilvy & Mather + Market Pioneer Special Award
- Making shampoos an office supply in Japan - Clear - Japan - ADK Tokyo + Asia First Special Award
- When embracing dirt became an act of faith - Surf Excel - India, Pakistan - MullenLowe Lintas Group
- The First Hello - Elevit - China - PHD China
- The Job Switch - The Akanksha Foundation - India - Ogilvy & Mather + Local Hero Special Award
- Use Dipper at Night - Tata Motors - India - Rediffusion Y&R + Channel Thinking Special Award
- Winning the 4G race without 4G - Vodafone India - India - Ogilvy & Mather
- The Levi's Campaign that Levi's didn't create - Levi's - China - OMD China
- ManulifeMOVE Launch - ManulifeMOVE - Hong Kong - mcgarrybowen, Dentsu
- Launching Jeans in India - Durex - India - Havas Worldwide
- Roads that honk - HP Lubricants - India - Leo Burnett India
- From Anonymous Call To Eponymous Glory - Premier Futsal - India - DDB Mudra Group
- Saroj, The Leader - Colour Academy - India - Ogilvy & Mather, Asian Paints
- IsThereAProblemOfficer.ph - Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) - Philippines - McCann Worldgroup Philippines
- Deliver the love - Amazon - India - Ogilvy & Mather
Visit www.warc.com/asiaprize.prize to view all the winners and their case studies.
The winners of the seventh annual WARC Prize for Asian Strategy were revealed at an awards and insights event in Singapore this evening. The winners of the Grand Prix and Special Awards also share a prize fund of $10,000.
- your global authority on advertising and media effectiveness
warc.com is an online service offering advertising best practice, evidence, insights and data from the world's leading brands. WARC helps clients grow their businesses by using proven approaches to maximise advertising effectiveness. WARC's clients include the world's largest advertising and media agencies, research companies, universities and advertisers.
WARC runs four global and two regional case study competitions: WARC Awards, WARC Innovation Awards, WARC Media Awards, The Admap prize, WARC Prize for Asian Strategy and WARC Prize for MENA Strategy.
Founded in 1985, WARC is privately owned and has offices in the UK, U.S. and Singapore.
PR Manager, WARC
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7467 8125
Oct 30, 2017 22:17 HKT/SGT
Topic: Press release summary
Sectors: Media, Advertising
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2018 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.
|Apr 17, 2018 18:30 HKT/SGT|
WARC Awards 2018 - Effective Use of Brand Purpose shortlist announced|
|Apr 17, 2018 16:00 HKT/SGT|
WARC partners with SABRE Awards to expand its content to include PR|
|Apr 10, 2018 18:00 HKT/SGT|
WARC Awards 2018 - Effective Innovation shortlist announced|
|Apr 5, 2018 09:00 HKT/SGT|
WARC Prize for Asian Strategy 2018 now launched. First judges named|
|Mar 29, 2018 10:00 HKT/SGT|
Advertisers invest $63bn in programmatic buying but industry concerns loom large|
|Mar 1, 2018 20:00 HKT/SGT|
More judges named for WARC Prize for MENA Strategy 2018|
|Feb 8, 2018 13:00 HKT/SGT|
WARC launches Prize for MENA Strategy 2018|
|Feb 6, 2018 08:15 HKT/SGT|
Redefining Purpose - WARC Toolkit 2018|
|Jan 31, 2018 20:00 HKT/SGT|
WARC Media Awards 2017 - Effective Use of Tech winners announced|
|Jan 31, 2018 16:00 HKT/SGT|
UK advertising spend sees new record high in 2017 with growth predicted to continue through 2018|
|More news >>|