|Tuesday, 27 February 2018, 15:09 HKT/SGT|
TOKYO, Feb 27, 2018 - (JCN Newswire) - Mazda Motor Corporation's production and sales results for January 2018 are summarized below.
1. Domestic Production
Mazda's total domestic production volume in January 2018 increased 12.1 % year on year due to increased production of passenger vehicles.
Domestic production of key models in January 2018
- CX-5: 32,412 units (up 78.8% year on year)
- Mazda3 (Axela): 13,856 units (down 7.2% year on year)
- CX-3: 8,840 units (up 18.9% year on year)
2. Overseas Production
Mazda's overseas production volume in January 2018 increased 23.0% year on year due to increased production of passenger vehicles.
Overseas production of key models in January 2018
- Mazda3: 26,841 units (up 37.9% year on year)
- Mazda2: 8,646 units (up 49.4% year on year)
- CX-4: 7,216 units (up 49.4% year on year)
II. Domestic Sales
Mazda's total domestic sales volume in January 2018 increased 4.6 % year on year due to increased sales of passenger and commercial vehicles. Mazda's registered vehicle market share was 5.8% (up 0.4 points year on year), with a 2.4% share of the micro mini segment (up 0.3 points year on year) and a 4.4% total market share (up 0.2 points year on year).
Domestic sales of key models in January 2018
- Mazda2 (Demio): 4,097 units (down 3.1% year on year)
- CX-8: 2,936 units
- CX-5: 2,045 units (up 19.4% year on year)
Mazda's export volume in January 2018 increased 33.5% year on year, reflecting increased shipments to North America, Europe and other regions.
Exports of key models in January 2018
- CX-5: 32,350 units (up 117.6% year on year)
- Mazda3: 12,542 units (up 10.4% year on year)
- CX-3: 9,295 units (up 69.5% year on year)
Mazda Motor Corporation (TSE: 7261) started manufacturing tools in 1929 and soon branched out into production of trucks for commercial use. In the early 1960s, Mazda launched its first passenger car models and began developing rotary engines. Still headquartered in Hiroshima in western Japan, Mazda today ranks as one of Japan's leading automakers, and exports cars to the United States and Europe for over 30 years. For more information, please visit www.mazda.com
Corporate Communications Division
Mazda Motor Corporation, Japan
mailto: [email protected]
Feb 27, 2018 15:09 HKT/SGT
Topic: Press release summary
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2018 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.