|ADS 2018 is the anchor oil & gas event of the Singapore International Energy Week (SIEW)|
SINGAPORE, Sept 12, 2018 - (ACN Newswire) - Asia's largest trade show for refining & petrochemical technologies, Asian Downstream Summit 2018 will be held from 31st Oct. to 1st Nov. at the Marina Bay Sands, Singapore. ADS is the anchor oil and gas event of the Singapore International Energy Week (SIEW), hosted by the Energy Market Authority.
The event will gather 1,000+ industry professionals and oil & gas leaders under one roof to offer insights on the latest innovations in the industry. Singapore International Energy Week (SIEW) is expected to attract over 13,000+ energy professionals to Singapore.
Asian Downstream Summit, in its 11th year, remains THE must-attend show for the industry to converge and discuss how these technologies are revolutionizing their operations, maximizing their efficiency and improving their margins. ADS 2018 will focus on core refining technologies with a special focus on the key topic Industry 4.0.
Hosting 80+ speakers, 40+ international sponsors & exhibitors and 1,000+ attendees & Key Government Officials including Ministerial Delegations, Asian Downstream Summit brings together decision makers to address the future of the downstream oil & gas industry.
Over 400+ industry leaders including refiners, petrochemical players, and chemicals manufacturers, EPCS, consultants and leading technology experts have already registered for the Asian Downstream summit this year.
Notable companies in attendance include :
Aramco Asia Singapore
Bangchak Corporation Public Company Limited
Binh Son Refining & Petrochemical
BP Singapore Pte Ltd
Borouge Pte Ltd
COSMO OIL INTERNATIONAL PTE. LTD
Denka Chemicals Holdings Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
ExxonMobil Research and Engineering
KBC (A Yokogawa Company)
MOL Hungarian Oil & Gas PLC
Petrochemical Corporation of Singapore
Petronas Penapisan Terengganu (PPTSB)
PT. KREASINDO RESOURCES INDONESIA
PTT Global Chemical
Reliance Industries Ltd
SABIC Asia Paciifc Pte Ltd
Singapore Refining Company
SK Global Chemical Singapore Pte Ltd
Asian Downstream Summit 2018 will feature a Track on Downstream Technologies for Refining & Petrochemicals, showcasing the latest technology applications by leading solution providers.
> Crude-to-Consumables: Transforming the Petrochemical and Refining Sector
> Presentor: Sourabh Mukherjee, Director of Petrochemicals, Jacobs
Around the globe, there is considerable interest in the concept of a Crude-to-Consumables ("C2C") complex where crude oil is converted to consumable products such as petrochemicals instead of into traditional transportation fuels.
There will be a continuing role for new liquid-based steam crackers, and a significant role for heavy naphtha reforming for aromatics to meet growing paraxylene demand. At the same time, the global outlook in demand growth of transportation fuels does not appear to be as strong as the growth story around the petrochemicals world.
Sourabh will describe trends in global crude oil and petrochemical demand growth and discuss the impact of shale gas on the cost of ethylene production versus other global feedstocks as well as on the economics of the C2C configuration and project IRR versus conversion to chemicals.
> Bridging the Refinery-Petrochemical Gap with Fluidized Catalytic Cracking Technologies
> Presentor: Mai Phuong Do, Senior Technology Advisor, Axens
Refinery and Petrochemicals integration is increasingly being viewed in the Oil industry as a way to balance market risks over a wider range of applications. In addition, many long term projections which are developed to assist Oil companies or private companies in decision making in an ever changing business environment, identify Light Olefins and Aromatics as healthy growth markets.
For these reasons, conventional Residue Cat Cracking technology has been used extensively as a solid platform to address the residue conversion maximization into Olefins and Aromatics. Processing heavy feedstocks while achieving high selectivity towards olefins and aromatics requires specific design knowhow, an appropriate selection of specific technology features as well as an optimized recycle management.
Through a selection of case-studies from thenAsian region, Mai Phuong Do will demonstrate the versatility of the R2RTM technology to fit into refinery expansion projects as well as grassroot new refinery & petchem complex.
> Preparing Petchem Equipment for Entry: Can Speed and Safety Co-exist?
> Presentor: Dr. Steve Matza, Chief Scientist, Zyme-Flow Decon Technology
ALL refineries and petrochemical plants must perform some form of decontamination every time a unit is brought down for personnel entry, hot work, and inspection. Industrial equipment must be safe for entry by destroying, neutralizing, making harmless, or removing hazardous unwanted contaminants.
Dr Steve will give an analysis of current options for cleaning and decontaminating plant equipment and share best practice introduction using unique chemistry and application. He will conduct a case study to show the reduction of time and increase in safety using best practices.
Other exciting features at Asian Downstream Summit 2018 include :
1. Digital Transformation Awards : recognizing top enterprising refiners and innovative solution providers across the downstream oil & gas sector for their outstanding commitment to the digital initiative. Categories include :
--> Best digital transformation program (operator - refinery, petrochemical, chemicals)
--> Best innovative technology for improving operational efficiency (digital)
--> Best innovative technology for improving operational efficiency (other technology)
> Voting opens 3rd October 2018.
2. TechTalks @ ExpoHall: Asian Downstream Summit 2018 will also feature an interactive exhibition by top solution providers and technology experts. A purpose-built, FREE-to-attend, technical theatre on the exhibition floor will provide technology companies with the opportunity to host expert talks showcasing their latest innovations. TechTalks are open to all conference delegates and visitors. Topics at the TechTalks include :
- Foundations for Digital Transformation -- Connecting the Workforce to the Operations by Edi Gittenberger, CEO, Rider International
- Connect'IN -- Drive asset performance to optimum with proactive digital advisor by Romain Roux, Advisor to CTO - New Market Development - Technology Development & Innovation, Axens
- SDx -- Smart digital transformation from Hexagon PPM by Adrian Park, Vice President Information Management & Global Business Development, Hexagon PPM
- NaviTrack -- Industry's leading work process deployment system by Daniel Phan, Consultant, AP-Networks
- Digital Plant Optimization by David Turner, Managing Director, Resources2 Energy Pte Ltd
- Enabling the Digital Refinery -- Protecting the Refining & Petrochemical Industry from evolving cyber threats by Amir Grovais, Regional Sales Manager Middle East & APAC, Waterfall Security Solutions Ltd
3. FREE-TO-ATTEND Workshop by KBC (a Yokogawa company) on digital readiness assessment : This workshop will walk people through the process of identifying the gap between their organization and the leaders in the industry; in particular the characteristics behind the digital leadership and change management practices of those leading organizations when it comes to leading a Digital Transformation. To drive this analysis KBC will leverage our Digital Readiness Assessment process; and Operational Efficiency global database
4. VIP Breakfast gathering : This year, Baker Hughes (A GE Company), will host a VIP Breakfast gathering on 31st October from 7.50 am - 8.50 am. Registered conference delegates will be selected for this "VIP invite only" breakfast in an intimate setting for private networking opportunities
5. 1-to-1 private Business Meetings : enhancing the event experience by helping you to connect with the other event attendees who are relevant to you for private networking opportunities. It is provided at complimentary for your use, as part of your participation at the event.
The program is developed by an esteemed Advisory Board consisting of the most respected industry participants who grade abstracts and select the most relevant topics for debate.
Delegates have registered from all over the world including countries like USA, UK, India, Singapore, Hungary, Netherlands, Malaysia, China, South Korea, Thailand, Vietnam, UAE, Canada, Brunei, Russia and many more.
As the region's largest downstream technology tradeshow, Asian Downstream Summit is the ideal platform for networking, seeking partnerships, and showcasing your technologies.
For more information, Asia Downstream Summit 2018: http://www.downstream-asia.com
2018 Brochure: http://www.clarion-cms.com/uploads/Pages/site277_75181_en_file1.pdf
2018 Speaker eBook: http://www.clarion-cms.com/uploads/Pages/site277_75269_en_file1.pdf
About Asian Downstream Summit
The Asian Downstream Summit is the region's largest conference and exhibition for the downstream refining and petrochemical industries. As one of the world's largest downstream-focused events, the 11th Asian Downstream Summit is an ideal platform for networking, seeking partnerships, and learning the latest technologies.
Asian Downstream Summit is the anchor event of Singapore International Energy Week (SIEW), expected to attract 13,000+ visitors this year to the Sands Expo & Convention Centre from 31st October to 1st November 2018.
For more information, interviews and media accreditation:
Marketing & Communications
Clarion Events Pte Ltd
E: [email protected]
T: +65 6590 3970 F: +65 6223 9196
Sept 12, 2018 06:00 HKT/SGT
Topic: Trade Show or Conference
Sectors: Energy, Marine/Offshore, Oil & Gas
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2019 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.
|Sourabh Mukherjee, Director of Petrochemicals, Jacobs|
|Mai Phuong Do, Senior Technology Advisor, Axens|
|Dr. Steve Matza, Chief Scientist, Zyme-Flow Decon Technology|