|Friday, 21 December 2018, 11:27 HKT/SGT|
|DENSO and its startup partners will feature latest hardware and software solutions to accelerate innovation in the automotive industry |
KARIYA, JAPAN, Dec 21, 2018 - (JCN Newswire) - DENSO Corporation along with some of the startup companies it's backing, will be showcasing the future of mobility through its latest technology solutions at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Nevada, North Hall, booth #4619, from January 8-11, 2019.
At the show, DENSO plans to feature the latest in automated driving and connected technology as part of its long-term commitment to help create the future of mobility. The technologies on display - from cybersecurity applications to cloud technology connecting vehicles to outside networks to carsharing features and more - further support the company's recent push into software-based solutions to complement its hardware expertise. They also represent the breadth and depth of technical areas DENSO is exploring and advancing to enhance safety and reduce environmental impact in the ever-changing mobility landscape.
"Automotive is at a pivotal moment in which traditional products and parts are evolving and cloud computing, artificial intelligence and V2X are the future," said Bill Foy, senior vice president, Engineering, DENSO International America. "We're excited to be attending this year's CES conference to showcase the software solutions and technologies positioned to disrupt the industry and shape the future of mobility."
At its booth, DENSO will have a simulator that enables visitors to experience the future of mobility first-hand. Some of the products and solutions on display include:
- An in-vehicle edge computer to connect the host vehicle to cloud-based services and share vehicle information
- Blockchain technology to help protect against cybersecurity threats
- Delivery services leveraging secure mobility management solutions
- Driver status monitors
- Telematics terminals for fleet management, and more.
In addition, DENSO will be joined at its booth by five of the startup companies it has backed as part of its long-term vision to accelerate innovation in electrification, automated driving, connectivity and the shared economy. The company has invested nearly $100 million in startups around the world, building a strong partner ecosystem - in and outside of automotive.
DENSO-backed partners will demo the following solutions at the company's CES booth:
- Dellfer will demonstrate a live cyberattack, generate an instantaneous alert on it in the cloud, and stop the attack from progressing further.
- Metawave will show video of its van demo occurring at CES, which highlights the company's advanced automotive radar and AI platform that classifies and distinguishes between autos, bicycles, pedestrians, and other objects at long ranges.
- Thinci will demonstrate its Graph Streaming Processor, Autonomous Driving Suite, and Plug & Code AI Platform.
- Canatu will display smart 3D shaped touch surfaces for car interiors, reducing driver distraction and the new 3D shaped heating solutions enabling autonomous driving in any weather.
- Ridecell will showcase the features of a free-floating car sharing service, showing the full lifecycle of a rental, from back-office to actual vehicle, including the ability to remotely lock and unlock a carsharing vehicle.
DENSO is a $48.3 billion global mobility supplier that develops advanced technology and components for nearly every vehicle make and model on the road today. With manufacturing at its core, DENSO invests in its 221 facilities in 35 countries to produce thermal, powertrain, mobility, electrification, & electronic systems, to create jobs that directly change how the world moves. The company's 170,000+ employees are paving the way to a mobility future that improves lives, eliminates traffic accidents, and preserves the environment. Globally headquartered in Kariya, Japan, DENSO spent 9.3% of its global consolidated sales on research and development in the fiscal year ending March 31, 2019. For more information about global DENSO, visit https://www.denso.com/global.
Sadayoshi Yokoyama, Toshiko Watanabe
Dec 21, 2018 11:27 HKT/SGT
Topic: Press release summary
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2020 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.
|Sept 29, 2020 16:22 HKT/SGT|
DENSO's NaviBridge, a Smartphone Application Designed to Send Searched Locations from Phones to Car Navigation Systems, Compatible with Over 1,000 GPS|
|Aug 5, 2020 15:09 HKT/SGT|
DENSO Establishes Pittsburgh Innovation Lab to Accelerate Automated Driving R&D|
|July 31, 2020 13:11 HKT/SGT|
DENSO Announces First Quarter Financial Results|
|July 21, 2020 21:35 HKT/SGT|
Reproducing the Driver's Senses by Engineering: DENSO's Challenge to Develop Automated Driving Systems|
|July 21, 2020 17:40 HKT/SGT|
To Achieve AI-based Fully Automated Driving: R&D Project on Elemental Technologies at DENSO|
|July 6, 2020 15:34 HKT/SGT|
Announcement of Absorption-type Merger (Simplified Merger and Short-form Merger) of DENSO IT Solutions Inc.|
|June 1, 2020 11:48 HKT/SGT|
DENSO and Certhon Establish DENSO AgriTech Solutions|
|May 29, 2020 11:05 HKT/SGT|
DENSO Announces Changes in the Areas of Responsibility of Senior Executive Officers and Executive Officers|
|May 18, 2020 16:36 HKT/SGT|
DENSO, Global Mobility Service to Support Delivery of COVID-19 Test Kits in Indonesia|
|Apr 30, 2020 16:43 HKT/SGT|
DENSO Announces Changes to Its Board of Directors|
|More news >>|