|Thursday, 7 February 2019, 14:30 HKT/SGT|
PARIS, FRANCE, Feb 7, 2019 - (ACN Newswire) - Sanofi announced the 2018 fourth-quarter and full-year results.
Fourth-quarter sales growth driven by Specialty Care and Vaccines
- Net sales were EUR8,997 million, an increase of 3.5% on a reported basis, 3.9% at CER and 2.6% at CER/CS.
- Sanofi Genzyme sales were up 37.4% (16.1% at CER/CS), led by Immunology and Rare Blood Disorder franchises.
- Vaccines sales increased 9.7%, driven by successful influenza differentiation strategy and Menactra(R).
- CHC sales increased 1.9%, supported by Emerging Markets.
- DCV GBU sales were down 11.3%; Global Diabetes franchise sales declined 10.5% in line with 2015-2018 guidance.
- Emerging Markets sales were up 6.0%, reflecting strong performance in Asia.
Full-Year 2018 sales growth from new products and Emerging markets more than offset impact of U.S. LoEs
- Net sales in 2018 were EUR34,463 million, down 1.7% on a reported basis and grew 2.5% at CER (up 0.6% at CER/CS).
- Sanofi Genzyme grew 30.8% (+14.2% at CER/CS) to EUR7,226 million.
- Vaccines sales increased 2.4% to EUR5,118 million while CHC sales were up 3.0% to EUR4,660 million.
- DCV GBU sales declined 13.8% to EUR4,511 million.
- Emerging Markets sales were up 7.5%, supported by strong performance in China (up 12.7%).
Sanofi delivers 2018 business EPS at the high end of its guidance range
- Q4 2018 business EPS up 4.7% at CER to EUR1.10.
- Full-Year 2018 business EPS of EUR5.47 up 5.1% at CER and IFRS EPS of EUR3.45 (down 48.5%).
- Board proposes dividend of EUR3.07, the 25th consecutive increase in dividend.
Key achievements in sustaining innovation in R&D
- Isatuximab met primary endpoint of ICARIA phase 3 study in Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma.
- BIVV001 demonstrated sustained high factor levels at once-weekly dosing with data presented at ASH.
- FDA Priority Review granted for Dupixent(R) in adolescents with moderate-to-severe atopic dermatitis.
- R&D strategy evolves towards prioritization of Specialty Care and Vaccines, leveraging technology platforms and data science.
2019 financial outlook
- Sanofi expects 2019 business EPS to grow between 3% and 5% at CER, barring unforeseen major adverse events. Applying average January 2019 exchange rates, the positive currency impact on 2019 business EPS is estimated to be between 1% to 2%.
Sanofi Chief Executive Officer, Olivier Brandicourt, commented:
"In the fourth quarter, we continued the momentum of the previous quarter and we delivered 5% full-year business EPS growth, at the high end of our guidance. In 2018, we executed on important launches including Dupixent(R), Libtayo(R) and Cablivi(R), as the headwinds from our U.S. LoEs began to moderate. Additionally, the acquisitions of Bioverativ and Ablynx provided the foundation to build a leading Rare Blood Disorder franchise and to enhance our biologic discovery capabilities. As we enter 2019, our focus remains on delivering our business priorities and transforming Sanofi to address the evolving business dynamics facing our industry."
Q4 2018 Results: http://hugin.info/152918/R/2233891/878937.PDF
+33 1 53 77 45 45
E-mail: [email protected]
+33 1 53 77 46 46
E-mail: [email protected]
Mobile app: SANOFI IR available on the App Store and Google Play
Feb 7, 2019 14:30 HKT/SGT
Topic: Press release summary
Sectors: Science & Research, BioTech, HealthCare
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2019 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.