|Alibaba, Cisco, Equinix, IBM, Red Hat, The UN just a few names to speak at Edge Asia 2019|
SINGAPORE/TOKYO, Mar 21, 2019 - (ACN Newswire) - Edge Asia powered by Datacloud will be in Singapore on April 11, bringing you the defining discussion the Edge, its importance to 5G, as well as addressing the opportunities and challenges that lie ahead in implementing Edge services and networks in the APAC region.
With strong market drivers, the shift to Edge represents the most profound change that will impact possibly for decades to come. Early deployment is expected to achieve significant growth globally over the next 5 years with industry predictions of connections to 25 billion devices, and 50 billion installed or embedded sensors.
The convergence of new technologies and developments such as IoT, 5G, AI, autonomous cars and smart cities, connected things, microdatacenters and Edge facilities, enables new ways of analysing and managing data as well as increasing latency which existing infrastructure would not be able to handle.
As data is generated at ever more exponential rates, and globally moves us towards the age of Yottabyte, so compute processing power disperses across enterprises, and cloud resources shift closer to the user. Massive amounts of data draw compute in, away from the core, which is the Edge.
Welcome to Edge Asia, Powered by Datacloud.
Attendees will include executives from the cloud, edge, data centre, computing, IoT and data arena. They will gather in one location to attend the seminal discussion on this massive new ecosystem, addressing how infrastructure will be altered through the convergence of current and new technologies such as blockchain, AI, 5G, 4K, 8K, robotics, wearable tech and embedded sensors and their deployment.
Industry experts to debate the Edge in Singapore include:
- Jonathan Atkin, Managing Director - RBC Capital Markets
- Dean Bubley, Founder and Director - Disruptive Analysis
- Gordon Falconer, Chairman Advisory Board - UN United Smart Cities Group
- Iain Gillott, President - IGR
- Sunil Gupta, CTO - Communication and Media Industry Vertical, APAC - HPE
- Dirk-Peter van Leeuwen, SVP & GM APAC & Japan - Red Hat
- Pradeep Menon, Director of Big Data and AI Solution Architecture - Alibaba Cloud
- Andrew Rigoli, Vice President, Corporate Development & Strategy - Equinix Asia-Pacific & Interim Country Manager, Singapore
- Kim Schultz, Special Advisor - Data centres & Cleantech - Invest in Denmark
- Narendra Sen, Managing Director - RackBank Datacenters Pvt Ltd
- Wee Meng Thoo, Head of Investments, TMT Sector - Leonie Hill Capital
- Rianne Van Veldhuizen, VP Commercial Segment - IBM
- Shehara Viswanathan, Lead Consultant, Advisory - Cisco
"For two years we've been in Singapore for Datacloud Asia. This year we are bringing the Edge Computing discussion to the APAC region, especially after the success of our inaugural Edge Congresses in US and Europe. The event is now Edge Asia, powered by Datacloud," said Philip Low, chairman of BroadGroup. "This new future-defining event will provide a unique platform to define the Edge and its importance to 5G, and make senior level contacts that will engage and make the most of this business opportunity of the coming decade."
- Sponsorship & Exhibit Opportunities - limited floor space
- Book Hotel Rooms Early - special offer at Pan Pacific Hotel
- Visit Edge Asia 2019 at www.edgecongress.com/asia
For further information, please contact:
Mar 21, 2019 11:00 HKT/SGT
Topic: Press release summary
Sectors: Enterprise IT, Digital, IoT
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2020 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.
|EDGE ASIA, POWERED BY DATACLOUD|
|Mar 14, 2019 06:00 HKT/SGT|
Alibaba, Cisco, Equinix, IBM, Red Hat and The UN just a few names to speak at Edge Asia 2019|
|Feb 28, 2018 15:30 HKT/SGT|
Vietnam Forges New Market for Datacenter and Cloud Services in S.E. Asia|
|Nov 10, 2017 06:00 HKT/SGT|
Datacloud Asia appoints Industry Luminaries to Lead 2018 Awards Judging Panel|
|Feb 13, 2017 11:00 HKT/SGT|
Datacloud Asia Awards Shortlist Announced, Showcasing Expansion of Data Center and Cloud across Region|
|Dec 14, 2016 08:00 HKT/SGT|
Datacloud Asia 2017 Conference & Exhibition Launches Feb 23 in Singapore|
|More news >>|