SINGAPORE, May 4, 2011 - (ACN Newswire) - Singapore Exchange (SGX) today said its derivatives market experienced higher volume in April.
- Securities daily average value shrank 4% year on year to $1.6 billion due to continued market uncertainties. Total securities turnover was $32.3 billion, down 8%.
- Exchange traded fund turnover grew 43% year on year to $696 million.
- Derivatives daily average volume was up 12% from a year earlier at 252,401 contracts while total volume rose 3% to 4.9 million contracts.
- Nifty futures trading increased 37% from a year earlier to 1.1 million contracts while FTSE China A50 futures volume was 193,884 contracts in April.
- Clearing of OTC interest rate swaps continued to grow with April volume at a notional US$33.6 billion and cumulative volume since the November 2010 launch at a notional US$70.5 billion.
SGX Statistics At A Glance
Mar 2011 Apr 2011
Number of Trading Days (Securities) 23 20
Securities market Turnover Volume (mil shares) 29,119 25,762
Securities market Turnover Value ($mil) 37,180 32,310
Securities Daily Average ($mil) 1,617 1,616
Derivatives Volume 8,484,045 4,851,721
Derivatives Daily Average Volume 381,450 252,401
Total Number of Listed Securities 786 784
Total Market Capitalisation 889,388 901,324
About Singapore Exchange (SGX)
Singapore Exchange (SGX) is the Asian Gateway, connecting investors in search of Asian growth to corporate issuers in search of global capital. SGX represents the premier access point for managing Asian capital and investment exposure, and is Asia's most international exchange with about 40% of companies listed on SGX originating outside of Singapore. SGX offers its clients the world's biggest offshore market for Asian equity index futures, centred on Asia's three largest economies - China, India and Japan.
In addition to offering a fully integrated value chain from trading and clearing, to settlement and depository services, SGX is also Asia's pioneering central clearing house. Headquartered in Asia's most globalised city, and centred within the AAA strength and stability of Singapore's island nation, SGX is a leading Asian counterparty for the clearing of financial and commodity products. For more information, please visit www.sgx.com.
Singapore Exchange (SGX)
T +65 6236 8139
M +65 9171 6648
E [email protected]
May 4, 2011 18:35 HKT/SGT
Source: Singapore Exchange (SGX)
Topic: Production report
Sectors: Daily Finance, Daily News
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2019 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.