SINGAPORE, July 5, 2011 - (ACN Newswire) - Singapore Exchange (SGX) said securities and derivatives trading increased in June from a year earlier.
- Total turnover rose 8% year on year to $28.1 billion; securities daily average value was $1.3 billion.
- Exchange traded fund turnover increased 68% from a year earlier to $795 million.
- Total volume increased 17% year on year to 6.1 million contracts; derivatives daily average volume was 281,252 contracts.
- China A50 futures trading rose 21% from May to 223,079 contracts while MSCI Taiwan futures volume was 25% up from a year earlier at 1.6 million contracts.
- Nifty futures volume was 48% higher from a year earlier
Commodities and Clearing
- Agricultural commodity futures volume increased 48% year on year to 20,912 contracts following the consolidation of SICOM contracts onto the SGX platform.
- Volume of OTC commodity contracts cleared rose 12% from a year earlier to
- Clearing of OTC Interest Rate Swaps continued to grow; a notional US$11.6 billion of IRS were cleared in June bringing cumulative amount cleared since launch to US$88.1 billion notional.
Consolidated Overview of the Securities, Derivatives and Commodities Markets
May 2011 June 2011
Number of Trading Days (Securities) 20 22
Securities market Turnover Volume (million shares) 21,689 21,539
Securities market Turnover Value ($million) 29,246 28,140
Securities Daily Average ($million) 1,462 1,279
Derivatives Volume 4,956,239 6,101,401
Derivatives Daily Average Volume 243,948 281,252
Total Number of Listed Securities 779 776
Total Market Capitalisation 901,197 892,797
About Singapore Exchange (SGX)
Singapore Exchange (SGX) is the Asian Gateway, connecting investors in search of Asian growth to corporate issuers in search of global capital. SGX represents the premier access point for managing Asian capital and investment exposure, and is Asia's most international exchange with about 40% of companies listed on SGX originating outside of Singapore. SGX offers its clients the world's biggest offshore market for Asian equity index futures, centred on Asia's three largest economies - China, India and Japan.
In addition to offering a fully integrated value chain from trading and clearing, to settlement and depository services, SGX is also Asia's pioneering central clearing house. Headquartered in Asia's most globalised city, and centred within the AAA strength and stability of Singapore's island nation, SGX is a leading Asian counterparty for the clearing of financial and commodity products. For more information, please visit www.sgx.com.
Tel: +65 6236 8139
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +65 6236 8658
Email: [email protected]
July 5, 2011 09:00 HKT/SGT
Source: Singapore Exchange (SGX)
Topic: Production report
Sectors: Daily Finance, Daily News
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2019 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.