|Friday, 20 April 2012, 22:00 HKT|
|Asia's most relevant and largest trade event for the F&B and hospitality industries achieved record of more than 60,000 trade attendees|
Singapore, Apr 20, 2012 - (ACN Newswire) - After a flurry of business-making and relationship-building activities conducted over four days, Food&HotelAsia2012 (FHA2012) and Wine&SpiritsAsia2012 (WSA2012) have once again surpassed all previous records by emerging with a new high score.
The event saw more than 60,000 industry visitors, exhibiting staff, conference speakers and delegates, and media in attendance. This represents more than 10 per cent increase compared with its previous edition. 44 per cent of the total attendees hailed from overseas.
FHA2012 and WSA2012 showcased an even stronger line-up of state-of-the-art products, services and cutting-edge technologies, alongside exciting world-class competitions and thought-leadership conferences which gathered over 60 world-leading industry experts and powerful speakers.
"Positive feedback from show participants further testifies the tremendous success of FHA and WSA, and exhibitors are already scurrying to secure their space for the next edition in 2014. The outstanding attendee result strongly affirms that the show is Asia's most relevant biennial trade event for the F&B and hospitality industries," says Chief Executive of show organiser Singapore Exhibition Services (SES), Mr. Stephen Tan.
"You can feel the buzz of business negotiations as you walk through the aisles. The attendees are happy because they are pleasantly surprised at the spread of products, services and solutions. We do see a probable increase in size for FHA2014, and in anticipation of this, we will increase our exhibition area to occupy Halls 1 to 9, including the newly built MAX Atria and Max Pavilion," adds Mr. Tan.
- Positive feedback all around -
As a one-stop sourcing and relevant networking platform for industry professionals, the exhibition is expected to hit US$3 billion worth of business deals, based on pre-registered visitors who have indicated their sourcing budgets for purchases. Overall, exhibitors and international group pavilions were delighted with the quality of buyers they have met and the results achieved. Many came away
from the show having met potential distributors from various countries in Asia for their products.
"This is our fourth time exhibiting. We are always happy with FHA, which is the reason why we are here. FHA helps us to meet our importers, distributors, and customers. The event is an effective platform to meet everybody in one place. FHA is getting bigger. We will certainly return to the show in 2014, and will continue to leverage on future editions of FHA to reach out to more markets, such as Japan," says Mr. Roshan Tisswaratchy, Director Sales, MJF Group, Dilmah, Sri Lanka.
"This exhibition has really grown a lot. We've witnessed very good quality attendees so far. A participant of FHA for about 20 years, we will always be present as it is a very important show to us," says Mr. Harbans Singh, Managing Director of UbiQ Global Solutions, Malaysia.
"We have Italian companies participating in every sector of the show. FHA is the most important trade show for us in Southeast Asia," says Mr. Andrea Caselli, President of Organizzazione Vittorio Caselli Srl, the organisation that is responsible for putting together the two Italian pavilions and coordinating the show for all Italian exhibitors. "Here our exhibitors get to meet buyers from all over the region, including Australia and New Zealand."
- Visitors pleased with wide spread of quality exhibitors at show -
"FHA2012 and WSA2012 is a real eye-opener. Together with two big importers, Werdenberg International Corp and Alternatives Food Corporation from the Philippines, I am able to identify my specialised food product needs all under one roof. That makes it a very effective trip for both parties. It's also a great place for networking!" says Mr. Mark Biddle, Executive Chef from The Bellevue
Hotels & Resorts, Philippines.
"It's my first visit to FHA and WSA. It is a big show with well-balanced product segments. I am truly impressed and have made many good business contacts", says Mr. Peter Andrist, CEO of The Ambassador's Sky Chef, India.
"It's definitely a very fruitful trip. FHA is very enriching and is the best way to widen our network with suppliers," says Ms. Arlene Nacpil, Purchasing Manager of MacroAsia Catering Services, Philippines.
Asian launch pad for the global food and hospitality industry FHA and WSA has always been seen as trendsetters in the eyes of industry professionals, and the event is highly-regarded by exhibitors as the choice platform in Asia to launch their latest products and cutting-edge technology and services.
The latest product offerings and deals sealed at FHA2012 included:
- The worldwide launch of a state-of-the-art professional dishwashing technology, the M-iQ series, by German-based Meiko.
- Drawing on a 100-year rich heritage, deZaan Gourmet made its first brand appearance in Asia with its new Gourmet Chocolate collection which aims to inspire chefs, craft bakers and chocolatiers to produce sensational chocolate collections.
- Belgian company Night Orient launched its 100% alcohol-free "champagne", a sparkling grape drink very similar to champagne, in Asia.
- Regular exhibitor Kong Shiang Engineering (KSE) sealed sales of kitchen equipment worth more than S$1 million at FHA2012. The company sold a gigantic 400kg capacity multifunction vacuum pressure cooker for S$425,000 and a vacuum seal form fill packaging machine worth S$100,000 to an Italian buyer; a 200kg capacity multi-function steam cooker to a Philippines buyer for S$325,000; and a pilot multi-function steam cooker worth S$250,000 to an Indonesian buyer.
Many exhibitors had also chosen FHA2012 and WSA2012 as the key event to expand their presence in Asia, an example of which is La Marzocco, who was at the exhibition to promote their best-selling Strada coffee machines.
- Topical Trends Addressed by Over 60 Experts -
FHA's thought-leadership conferences, seminars and workshops assembled more than 60 worldleading industry experts and powerful speakers to discuss the latest food and hospitality industry trends and issues.
Key topics addressed at this knowledge-gathering platform included the latest market outlook and investment opportunities in Asia, contemporary hospitality and restaurant operations and designs, as well as cutting-edge technology solutions which enable tech-savvy hoteliers and restaurateurs to streamline their operations and enhance their customers' experience with well-integrated systems and solutions.
"I benefitted tremendously from the conference and met with the right people, made the right connections and got the right information and updates on the various new developments," says Mr. Ng Hong Leng, Financial Controller from Amara Singapore.
- Winners emerged from high-octane world class competitions -
Over the years, FHA and WSA has earned a reputation amongst industry circles for organising a series of industry-accredited culinary competitions.
COMPETITIONS FINAL RESULTS
I. WSA Wine Challenge 2012
Led by Chief Judge Mr. Joel Payne, a distinguished panel of 13 judges comprising Asia's wine experts and keen wine influencers, have come together to determine wines most suited for the Asian palate.
- Best White Wine/Best Wine: Zeltinger Sonnenuhr Kabinett 2009, Markus Molitor, Germany
- Best Red: Gatt Old Vine Shiraz 2010, Gatt Wines, Australia
- Best Sparkling: Prestige Grand Cru NV, Champagne Paul Dethune, France
II. FHA2012 Imperial Challenge
Held once every four years, this prestigious culinary competition showcases the finest of Chinese cuisine around the region. This year's Challenge gathered highly-skilled chefs from nine teams from countries/regions such as China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea and Taiwan.
Day 1 - 17 April 2012
- Gold: TasteforLife (Taiwan)
- Gold: Tung Lok Group (Singapore)
- Silver: Royal Kitchen (China)
Day 2 - 18 April 2012
- Gold: China.Jiaxing.Win The World (China)
- Gold: Global F&B (Taiwan)
- Silver: The Westin Chosun Hotel Seoul Korea (South Korea)
Day 3 - 19 April 2012
- Gold: Paradise Group (Singapore)
- Gold: Super Star Group (Hong Kong)
- Silver: Pan Malaysia Koo Soo Restaurant and Chefs Association (Malaysia)
Day 4 - 20 April 2012
- Super Gold: TasteforLife (Taiwan)
- Gold (in no order of preference):
-- Paradise Group (Singapore)
-- China.Jiaxing.Win The World (China)
Best Young Chef: Tiong King Ei, Pan Malaysia Koo Soo Restaurants and Chefs Association
Best Imperial Chef: Asia Li Ya, China.Jiaxing.Win The World (China)
III. FHA2012 Culinary Challenge
Dedicated to culinary excellence, the FCC2012 is widely recognised as a reputable arena in Asia for international budding culinary talents to seek accreditation by a judging panel of internationally acclaimed chefs.
Dream Team Challenge
- Winner: Temasek Culinary Challenge
- 1st Runner-up: Furama Riverfront
- 2nd Runner-up: NKUHT
Gourmet Team Challenge
- Winner: Resorts World Singapore
- 1st Runner-up: Singapore Chefs' Association
- 2nd Runner-up: Carousel
- Chan Tuck Wai, Marina Mandarin Hotel Singapore
Best Pastry Chef
- Kent Ng Kok Keong, Carlton Hotel Singapore
Best Apprentice Team (Two to Tango)
- Lynnette Tay Sock Hui & June Tay Lin Choo, St. Regis Hotel Singapore
Best Culinary Establishment (Overseas)
- National Kaohsiung University of Hospitality and Tourism
Best Culinary Establishment (Singapore)
- Marina Mandarin Hotel Singapore
IV. Asian Pastry Cup 2012
Judged by influential pastry connoisseurs, the highly-accredited competition provides a major platform for talented pastry professionals in the Asian pastry scene to showcase their professional skills. The competition also serves as the official competition to pre-select Asian teams to compete at the World Pastry Cup 2013 in Lyon, France.
- Gold: Australia
- Silver: Malaysia
- Bronze: Singapore
V. FHA Barista Challenge 2012 (FBC)
The Challenge acts as a premier stage which seeks to boost baristas as a professional career and cultivate Asian appreciation of specialty coffee.
- First Prize: New Zealand
- First Runner-up: Indonesia
- Second Runner-up: Malaysia
- Best Latte Art for FBC Taiwan
VI. RIPE-WSA Cocktail Challenge 2012
Winners were chosen amongst some of Singapore's best bartenders across five categories - cocktail, mocktail, flairing and speed in bottle cap-opening.
- Winner: Sean Goh, Sweet Serenity, eM by the River
- 1st Runner-up: Lau Wei Jin, Ruby, eM by the River
- 2nd Runner-up: Bryan Ho, Leaf on a Sunny Day, Que Pasa
- Winner: Bond Mao, Virgin Memories, Coastes
- 1st Runner-up: Lau Wei Jin, Heart Healing, eM by the River
- 2nd Runner-up: Mike Selvam, Happy Grape, Morton's Steakhouse
- Winner: Kentt Yap, Tropical Caribbean Kick
- Speed Bottle Cap-opening Category
- Winner: Joey Putt
Best Choya Liquer Cocktail Category
- Winner: Francis Chim, The Unfinished Story
Best Latte Art by AustAsia
- Winner: Joe Phil, Philippines
June Seah / Gillian Loo
Singapore Exhibition Services
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +65 6233 6632 / +65 6233 6637
Sheena Cheong / Aaron Tan
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +65 6592 0548 / +65 6592 0547
Apr 20, 2012
Topic: Awards received
Sectors: Food & Beverages General
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2013 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.